I’m happy to announce that we’re relaunching 🎉 our Design Partner program after a long (way too long) overhaul.
Our focus remains on recognizing experienced Showit designers who produce one-of-a-kind designs, follow our design standards, and provide a great client experience.
We’re opening submissions to all designers currently active in our Design Market. Be sure to read the details below and submit your application to renew.
New Designers Code of Conduct
As members of a community we believe it’s important that everyone know how to act. It’s especially important to set an expectation for new designers who are continually joining our community of users. With that focus in mind and with some experiences we’ve had over the last few years, we have come up with a Showit Designers Code of Conduct that we believe every certified Design Partner (and any designer on our platform) should follow.
Code of Conduct Snapshot:
- Create your own designs.
- Credit anything you didn’t design.
- If there’s ever a problem, respectfully talk about it directly with that person.
You can review the full text Showit Designers Code of Conduct.
Showit Design Market Changes
One big change that we’re making is that participation in the Showit Design Market will be exclusively for approved Showit Design Partners. We believe this will help bring a higher standard to the designs available in the market.
Since everyone on our market will be Design Partners the commission scale will be adjusted to reflect that change with the higher scale shifting to our new Expert Design Partner level.
We will also be changing our design acceptance process with a focus on choosing the best and most unique designs. Each month we’ll have a submission period and top designs will be selected to proceed to a full review each month. This approach will allow us to put more efforts into the promotion of new designs, speed up the review process, and provide a well curated market where users can find their favorite design faster. (more info coming when we reopen submissions this summer)
Design Market Standards Course
We are also updating our standards for designs sold through Showit. You’ll find a newly released online course to help step you through those full standards.
Some updated standards include:
- New page requirements
- Layer ordering
- SEO optimization with Text Tags
*This course completion is a prerequisite to complete the Design Partner application.
Design Partner Program Changes
We’re also making some adjustments to the requirements and benefits of the Design Partner program, with a renewed focus on the experience designers have launching custom Showit sites from start to finish.
- Designers must have launched 3 custom client sites (template sites and your own site no longer qualify).
- A free in-app design is no longer a requirement of Design Partners (optional, more info to come).
- A new Design Partner level recognizes “Expert” designers who have consistently shown a high level of expertise in design and specialized technical ability on Showit and with our community. Experts are featured at the top of our Design Partner listing, have featured designs built into the Showit app, and receive additional exclusive benefits. Experts are nominated by Showit staff members and current Experts.
- All requirements listed here.
That’s a snapshot of the changes but you can read more details on our Become a Design Partner help article.
As a current designer on our Design Market, I want to invite you to first dive into the course listed above (if you haven’t already) and then complete the Design Partner application to become a certified Design Partner once you meet the qualifications!